What is Clarity? How can it help me in my Marketing?
Clarity – n. clearness as to perception or understanding
There is a point in time when a person realizes what it is that has to be done…period.
At that moment, there is no need for any outside influences to help make a decision, guide a person along a path or even give the slightest bit of advice on a situation. It’s when believing becomes knowing.
It happens when a woman reaches the point of “transition” during childbirth, when all the noises around her cease to exist and her entire being takes over to bring a new life into the world.
It happens when a man lays down his life to protect his family.
It happens in every little moment that an insurmountable task becomes the stepping stone to the next achievement.
Believing vs. Being
Speaking from a business perspective, one must understand that there are two states, active states, that a person must travel through to achieve clarity. Believing is just a precursor, but it is a necessary step to reach into the active states of “Knowing” and “Being”.
Just as a new mother “knows” what to do during the final stages of childbirth, a person with a passion in business will reach a point where their “belief” becomes “knowing” (the first state).
Apply this idea to any business, let’s say internet marketing, MLM or affiliate marketing, and we find there are four things an individual should have some assemblence of belief in;
Four Beliefs that Lead to Knowing (in Marketing and Business)
- Believe in the Company you’re representing – Listen to the company CEO, read and follow the company’s blog/videos, go to company events. By taking the time to carefully select the company you want to be attached to, you’ll find this part rather easy because it’s going to be a company you can relate to and trust.
- Believe in the Product or products that you are selling – One of the biggest problems that I see in marketing is people selling products they know absolutely NOTHING about, or products they’ve never even tried, let alone use in their daily business practices. Be truthful about your knowledge of a product, learn everything you can about it and USE it! Your rapport with your followers will be better grounded when you can relate to the people buying your product.
- Believe in the Industry you are a part of – Whether you’re into some form of generic internet marketing practice for offline businesses, you sell products by direct sales through MLM (multi-level marketing), or if you are an affiliate marketer selling various forms of digital or physical products, you owe it to yourself to be part and parcel of the industry you work in. If you don’t impart your belief in the industry itself, you will have a tough time finding anyone to follow you.
- Believe in Yourself – Most important of the four is to believe in yourself! Don’t let anyone in your circle of influence lead you to believe you’re not good enough to do something. Your environment will shape who you are, whether you allow it to is your choice. There will be naysayers all the way along the path you’ve chosen, don’t let the voices inside or outside of your head cause you to lose your belief in you!
Once you’ve established these four beliefs, you just may begin to experience a “bubbling up” of who you really are and you could begin to see like-minded individuals flock toward you in order to learn the specialized knowledge that you have to offer. This is where the “transition” from believing to knowing takes place. I’ll call this the “volcano effect”, because just as a volcano builds up prior to eruption, a person who is attempting to achieve clarity must build up their molten desire until the momentum is impossible to stop and that’s when a break-through is going to take place in their business and in their life.
There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
– Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill used the term “definiteness of purpose”, when in fact, the word “definiteness” could be interchanged with the word “clarity”. In other words, clarity of purpose is a vital key for the achievement of success and for making your dreams come true! However, keep in mind a couple of very important things:
- Your dream or goal must be specific and clear, and should not be vague.
- While it’s fun to daydream about being rich and successful, you have to know and define clearly what you want to get or to achieve.
Try saying these two simple words out loud… “I AM”.
These two words (I am) fit globally into nearly every language and loosely translated, represent a sense of “being” or to put it simply…the phrase “to be”.
This brings up something interesting that I’d like to touch upon for just a moment, so please bear with me. Being Jewish and having spent many years studying both Christianity and Judaism, this is a opportune moment for me to digress, ever-so-slightly…
“I Am that I Am” (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ehyeh ašer ehyeh is a traditional common English translation (JPS among others) of the response God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means “to be” or “to become” in Hebrew; “ehyeh” is the root word derived from “Hayah” and is to be translated in English Bibles as “I will be” (or “I will become”), for example, at Exodus 3:14. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as “I Will Be What I Will Be” or “I Will Become What I Will Become”, according to accurate translation of the Hebrew language.” ~ Wikipedia
I think the above speaks for itself, but please keep in mind, the “I Am” statement used in this post is considered as a declaration of personal faith. Whatever your particular religious faith might be is irrelevant to this context, and since I am respectful of all peaceful religions, I would love to hear about how your particular faith views the state of “BEING”, but I won’t approve comments that trek off into religious debates. So once again, the idea posited here isn’t about religion, it’s about faith…faith in one’s self and faith in one’s personal success. This was just to show that “I Am” may have a deeper connection to our Source than might be visible on the surface.
To Be, or What? Isn’t that the Question?
“When all the “noise” stops… [is when you’ll discover that] you just ARE.” Diane Hochman
“Being” is at a much different level than “Believing” or even “Knowing”…you can know what you know what you know, but can you truly “BE” that which you know? Are you capable of living in the here and now and BEING all that you are meant to be? You’re Being will be closely aligned with your Purpose.
Clarity in business is like focusing a strong source of light on your goal, so that you can see it clearly. Attaining clarity requires “being” in a certain frame of mind. To begin the process of discovering clarity in your life and business;
- Know what you want.
- Investigate why you want to achieve your goal, and what you will gain by achieving it.
- Be certain that you really want to achieve your goal.
- Read and learn about your goal.
- See pictures about your goal. (ie. vision board)
- Visualize your goal clearly.
- In your mind, see all the details.
- Be specific as to color, size, quantity, shape, place, etc, of what you want to get or accomplish.
- Learn to focus your mind on your goal.
- Remove clutter from your life.
- Display perseverance and some self discipline in your life.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself…don’t be afraid to answer them, just don’t grab a pen and write on your screen to do so!
Q: Who possesses your mind right now?
Q: When and How are you going to take back charge of your thoughts?
Q: Is your environment (especially your peers) holding you back?
Q: When and How are you going to eliminate the negative influences in your life?
These questions may be difficult to answer straight-away, especially if you haven’t addressed any underlying self-confidence issues you might have. Watch what you say around yourself, you’re always listening. Again, find that place where all the noise stops, clarity doesn’t make a sound, it just happens, it just is.
Sometimes true clarity comes at a price. What price are you willing to pay? Clarity is not bought with cash or credit, It’s paid for through trial and error, letting go of negative beliefs and by finding working solutions to life’s simpler problems head on. Once you discover yourself, the rest comes naturally!
My Best to your Success,
P.S. – If this content connected with you, feel free to comment. If you have a friend or business associate that could benefit from it, share it or pass it along anyway you like!