Building a website might seem intimidating, but don’t let it be.
That’s such great news and so awesome to hear! I’d like to say, “Congratulations!”, but since you really don’t know me, that’s likely not ALL I have to say! 🙂 As you will soon discover! Please watch this 3 minute video and you’ll see what i mean…
Building a website can seem like a daunting task to many folks, but never fear, it’s not really as hard as you may think. You’ve taken the first step and I will be happy to show you that you’ve come to the right place. I believe in you and your ability to do this!
The “Old-School” Method
Back when I started building websites on my own, I was just a teenager. The internet was a mere child in comparison to the growth it has achieved. The space was very new to everyone that jumped on board and it was a much different experience than it is today. Email, Bulletin Boards, Prodigy and AOL were the talk of the town.
It used to be, if you wanted to put up a site on the web, you were considered to be one of the technical “elite” and had to:
- Know what an ISP (Internet Service Provider) was.
- Know how TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) worked.
- Pay a high cost for a DOMAIN NAME (.com, .net and .org were the only choices!)
- Rely on one of only a few ISP’s available at the time (Hostgator didn’t exist until 2002)
- Code pages in HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) which included…
- Creating an “index page” that your visitors would browse to (your “home page”)
- Build separate coded files for each page you wanted to publish and upload
- Build menu files that loaded all your other files on demand
- You had to use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software program that allowed you to
- Upload your files to a directory on your hosting providers network system
- Manage your website from an archaic file/directory structure
- Download each file individually or in bulk to make edits, then upload them back online to make them live for people to see.
As you can see above, without some computer skills and knowledge of the mainstream lingo of the day, one could easily get lost in the confusion. Again, that’s what the world of website building used to be!
Nowadays it’s a whole different story! The internet works very much the same, but the interfaces have evolved extensively! Today’s process of building a website can be explained in simple catch-phrases such as:
- “Point -and- Click” (Find the Button, Click your mouse)
- “Cut -and- Paste” (Highlight Original, Click, Place Mouse in New Location, Click)
- “Drag -and- Drop” (Select Files, Move Your Mouse, Let Go to Move Files)
- “WYSIWYG” (What You See Is What You Get – No constantly reloading pages to see what your code would look like!)
With the advent of WordPress, which is the most widely used CMS (Content Management System) on the planet, building a website in this day and age couldn’t be easier!
What is WordPress? And Why Do I Need a Content Management System?
To quote WordPress.org:
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Sounds pretty impressive, eh? Well in a way it is! Believe it or not, the site you are on right now is being created using WordPress! Rather than having to “code” individual pages that house all of my “content” (the articles and other stuff I create), I can now utilize a self-contained system that allows me to build as much content as I like from one interface. So simple even a child could do it. No joke!
WordPress is much like any standard word processing program (ie. Microsoft Word or Open Office). The big difference is that WordPress comes with a slew of web building features and tools at your fingertips! Not to mention the literally THOUSANDS of free (and some not-so-free) add ons, known in the WordPress arena as “Plugins”, that you can incorporate at your leisure.
It becomes obvious once you’re inside the back-end of the system exactly where the acronym of “CMS” or Content Management System is derived from.
How Do You Get Started Building a Website Today?
Glad you asked! (Lol!) That’s the easiest part of all! In fact, you’re about to discover how you can learn step-by-step, exactly how to build a brand new WordPress site of your very own in under 5 minutes!
Think about it. Something that takes only 5 minutes can’t take too many steps, right?
Wanna know what the best part is?
You can do it for FREE!
You heard that right…NO CHARGE! Zip – Zero – Nada!
How is that possible?
My friends Kyle and Carson over at WealthyAffiliate have put together one of the most reputable systems on the internet for up-and-coming website builders like yourself to not only “get their feet wet”, but to progress to the status of professional website builder and beyond to professional affiliate marketer!
So if you’re ready to take the next step, dream big and make a name for yourself on the internet, let’s get started! Select your favorite idea for a domain name, and enter it in the box above! Once you get inside, you’ll be within a community of like-minded individuals, both novice and expert alike, that will be there to support you along every leg of your journey! No other system will provide you with the level of professional training you will receive to get your website off the ground!
Let’s get to building YOUR new website and begin your walk to creating your Digital Online Footprint TODAY! Your site could go LIVE in the next few minutes!
See You on the Inside.
Drop me a comment, I’d love to hear from you or stop by for a VISIT to my WA Profile!